With Slimming World, you get to set your own target. This is explained during our induction talks where you find out about the Food Optimising plan.
By having a target to aim for, you can be more motivated in succeeding with your weight loss.
Losing just 10% of your body weight – and keeping it off – can start to bring some amazing health benefits to people who are overweight. Therefore, we recognise this in our groups as your Club 10 Award.
Once you’ve lost 10% of your weight, you’ll receive your Club 10 award in group. Keep the weight off for 10 weeks (or lose even more) and you’ll receive your next week free!
What does losing 10% of your weight do?
By achieving your Club 10 award, you’ll find some great non-scale achievements…
- Lowers blood pressure, risk of heart disease and stroke
- Reduces the risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- Lowers your blood cholesterol level
- Reduces strain on your joints – and improve back or joint pain
- Helps your lungs function better, and reduces breathlessness
- Improves your mood and self esteem
- Improves asthma, and reduces the need for medication
- Become more mobile
- Improve fertility and menstrual problems
- Reduce the risk of certain obesity-related cancers