It’s pancake day today here in the UK and traditionally the food we enjoy is a pancake (or two!) with some delicious toppings. And if you’re following the Food Optimising plan (Extra Easy), you can enjoy some syn free pancakes using the recipe below.
Note: This is an idea for a dessert – we wouldn’t recommend snacking on these all day long! Have it after your dinner packed with free foods to boost your weight loss!
Syn Free Pancakes
This recipe creates two pancakes
- 6 tbsp sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Separate the egg yolk and the egg white into separate bowls
- Add half of the sweetener to the egg white and whip until it makes stiff peaks. Using an electric mixer is a good idea..
- Add the vanilla extract and the rest of the sweetener to the egg yolk and mix well
- Fold the egg yolk mixture in the egg white mixture
- Spray a frying pan with low calorie spray and pour half of the mixture into the pan
- Flip the pancake over after a minute, and allow further minute to cook the other side
- Remove pancake from the pan and repeat with the rest of the mixture
- Serve with your favourite topping (allow syns if you’re using non-free foods) and enjoy