12 May 2013
Super slimmers’ weight-loss success is in the bag!
SLIMMERS in Stretford are dropping pounds and bagging up all the clothes they’ve slimmed out of to raise money for a good cause during the Big Slimming World Clothes Throw.
Members of the Stretford Slimming World group have spring-cleaned their closets and are donating the clothes that no longer fit their new slimline figures to Cancer Research UK.
The Big Slimming World Clothes Throw is a nationwide fundraising drive that sees Slimming World members across the UK donating clothes to Cancer Research UK, Slimming World’s charity partner for 2013. Each bag of clothes collected could raise up to £25.
The members in the Stretford group have lost 1292lbs – about 92 stones – since January.
Notes to Editors
About Slimming World
- This story is not for syndication.
- Slimming World is the largest and most advanced slimming organisation in the UK and Ireland. Margaret Miles-Bramwell (OBE, FRSA) founded the company in 1969 and there are now more than 10,000 groups held weekly nationwide via a network of more than 3,500 Slimming World trained Consultants.
- Nearly ½ million members attend Slimming World every week and achieve outstanding success.
- Slimming World pioneered referral schemes in the UK and actively supports the building of partnerships with the NHS and local authorities to develop effective strategies to manage overweight and obesity in the community. Slimming World works with university researchers and specialists in an active research programme to further knowledge of the causes and treatment of obesity.
- Slimming World’s healthy eating plan, Food OptimisingÒ, and the principles behind Slimming World’s philosophy are based on a deep understanding of the challenges faced by overweight people. Based on the principles of energy density and satiety, Food Optimising empowers members to make healthier food choices, satisfy their appetites and lose weight – without calorie counting or obsessive weighing and measuring.
- Slimming World Consultants receive specific training in dietary aspects and the role of physical activity in weight control. The highly developed training focuses on facilitating behaviour change in a group environment, acknowledged by experts as being the most effective way to support long-term weight management.
To find out more about Slimming World call 0844 897 8000 or visit www.slimmingworld.com
About Cancer Research UK
- Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research
- The charity’s pioneering work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives.
- Cancer Research UK receives no government funding for its life-saving research. Every step it makes towards beating cancer relies on every pound donated.
- Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival rates in the UK double in the last forty years.
- Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses.
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK’s vision is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.