Whilst cleaning the office today, I came across this recipe – when originally a member, I used to love this as a meal served up with some Syn Free Chips and vegetables at the side! I haven’t tried it for ages, and so don’t have a picture to hand at the moment – but will be adding this to my meal planner for the week ahead!
The recipe generally serves around 4 people – and the cheese can be used from your Healthy Extra A allowance, making this a lovely warming dish which the family can enjoy.
The ‘baked bean’ part sometimes makes people look at me oddly when I used to mention this, but as soon as they’d seen it – and tried it – they were hooked. This was regularly shared with colleagues in my previous role as they’d found a new, easy recipe, which they
could enjoy with the whole family – but didn’t realise at the same time it was part of our Food Optimising Plan!
Baked Bean and Pasta Bake
- 1 diced medium onion
- 1 chopped medium pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- soy sauce (splash)
- Worcestershire sauce (splash)
- 1 tin of Baked Beans
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 168g cheese
- Boil enough pasta for 4 people
- Using FryLight, fry together the onion, pepper, garlic and seasoning until soft and tender
- Add the beans, tomatoes, Soy and Worcestershire sauce.
- When headed through, mix with the cooked pasta in an oven proof bowl and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Cook in an oven until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with Syn Free Chips and salad
This recipe is Syn Free if you use the Cheese as a Healthy Extra, alternatively you can syn the recipe depending on the cheese you use by checking your Food Optimising book. This recipe serves 4, when dished up with Syn Free Chips and salad.