As announced back in October 2016 here, Slimming World recently changed the Healthy Extra B Cereal allowances by increasing a number of products, and removing ones which were high in sugar.
All new members joining in January 2017 will have an updated new member pack, however this post is to let existing or rejoining members be aware of the changes which occurred.
The changes are listed below. Ensure your book is up to date to keep your weight loss on track!
From the original post:
Sugar has received quite a bit of attention in the media recently, and there’s been a big public health campaign aiming to get the population to reduce their overall added sugar intake.
By following the principles of Food Optimising, Slimming World members are naturally reducing their added sugar intake. However, within the current Healthy Extra section we do have some higher sugar foods which would be flagged as red (for high sugar content) on their nutrition panel, eg Frosted Shreddies. Because our Healthy Extras are measured portions, the sugar intake from these cereals is limited… however because there are plenty of low sugar cereals for members to choose from we’ve taken the decision to:
- remove the high sugar cereals – Coco Shreddies, Frosted Shreddies and Honey Shreddies, Sultana Bran and Fruit ’n’ Fibre. These can still be counted as Syns if you really can’t live without them (though we would recommend switching to a new healthier Healthy Extra of course!)
- increase the portion size of our healthy Extra cereals, eg porridge oats have gone from 35g to 40g. Shredded Wheat has increased from 1½ to 2. Even more filling fibre in every portion!
- we’ve highlighted those cereals that have the lowest amount of sugar… even healthier Healthy Extras!
New Healthy Extra B Cereals
The cereal values are now as follows:
- 50g Kellogg’s All-Bran Original
- 45g bran flakes
- 45g fruit-filled wheat biscuits, blueberry/raisin
- 45g oat bran*
- 45g Dorset Cereals Simply Delicious Muesli
- 45g Jordan’s Natural Muesli (No Added Sugar)
- 45g Weetabix Crunchy Bran
- 40g porridge oats (unflavoured)*
- 40g puffed wheat*
- 40g Dorset Cereals Simply Nutty Muesli
- 40g Kellogg’s All-Bran Golden Crunch
- 40g Mornflake Swiss Style Classic Muesli
- 40g Nestle Bitesize Shredded Wheat*
- 40g Nestle Honey Nut Shredded Wheat
- 40g Nestle Shreddies original
- 40g Post Grape Nuts
- 40g Quaker Oat Crisp Cereal
- 40g Weetabix Crispy Minis (Banana/Chocolate Chip/Fruit & Nut)
- 2 Nestle Shredded Wheat*
- 2 Weetabix*
- 1 sachet Quaker Oat So Simple Big Bowl Porridge, Original*
- 1 sachet Quaker Oat So Simple Multigrain Porridge, all varieties
*These products have the lowest sugar content – so are even healthier!