If you’ve got lots of leftover pumpkin flesh after carving out the jack-o-lantern, this tasty curry could just be the perfect way to use it all up!
Cooking time: Approx 25 minutes
Extra Easy: Free
- 1 Onion
- 500g fresh pumpkin
- 400g can of sweetcorn
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons of mild curry powder
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- Small handful of fresh coriander
- 8 tablespoons of very low fat natural yogurt
- Prepare the ingredients – thinly slice the onion; peel and cut the pumpkin into bite sized chunks; drain and rinse out the sweetcorn
- Cook the onion in a pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray for around 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, curry powder and tomatoes. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in 50ml of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Stir in the sweetcorn and remove from the heat.
- Roughly chop the coriander and scatter over the curry. Drizzle the yogurt and serve immediately with boiled rice.
Download this recipe
You can download this recipe for use in groups (by consultants of Slimming World) or members can download this below.