This is a brilliant little ‘life hack’ for when you don’t have time to clean up a pan afterwards!
The video below is from AllRecipes and is very simple to follow. We haven’t tried yet, but can’t wait until breakfast time to have a go!
Better still, we’ve adapted the recipe below to keep it Slimming World friendly – you can enjoy this Syn Free (add 6 Syns if not counting the reduced fat cheddar cheese as a Healthy Extra A).
Slimming World Omelette in a bag
All you need are your favourite omelette ingredients, a freezer bag and boiling water!
The ingredients below would be recommended ‘swops’ from the items in the American video below.
- 35g reduced fat cheddar (Healthy Extra A Choice)
- Lean cooked ham
- Chopped onion
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped pepper
- Chopped mushroom
- Break the eggs into the freezer bag and then gently mix together
- Add the remaining ingredients
- Seal the bag (removing any extra air) and gently mix everything together
- Place in boiling water for 13 minutes, or until fully cooked
With this method, the video mentions two great time-saving ideas – you could make up more than one at the same time (keep in the fridge until tomorrow?) or even cook more than one at the same time.
We’ll have a try later, but it looks pretty good, what do you think?